Some families benefit from regular ongoing support, particularly in the first few months of starting to home educate.
Whatever your reasons are for deciding to home educate, in the beginning there are many questions:
Where do I find resources?
What should my child learn?
Can we do exams?
What do I need to tell the local authority?
What does a typical home ed day look like?
How do I get my child interested in learning?
What if I'm not clever enough?
Is there any support?
What if my child refuses to study? ...
You may have an idea of what your home education is going to look like, only to find your best laid plans are not going...well quite to plan.
I can answer the questions you have as you start this new journey with your child and as your journey changes and develops.
I have many years of experience in supporting families with their home education and can offer valuable insights, support, learning strategies and solutions to suit your individual circumstances.
With your personalised support package, I can help guide you through your home education journey.
Together we can...
- review your learning strategies and ideas
- explore options available to you at different stages of your child's learning
- discuss effective ways of home educating children of different ages at the same time
- explore learning resources and exams options
- discover the pathways into further education, college or work that best suits your child
- explore ways to connect with other home educating families and activities near you
- seek solutions around balancing your home education with other work and family commitments
- work to overcome any challenges as they arise
- discuss how to meet your responsibilities around informing local authority about your home education provision
- tackle issues around your child's motivation to learn
- discover your child's passions and empower them towards becoming fully self-directed learners
- explore your family's mindset around learning, aiming to best align them together, so as to manage and balance expectations for the family as a whole
- give you the confidence with your home education, so you can enjoy the freedom it gives you and your family - free from the constraints of old 'school' thinking.
The dedicated programme of home education support includes
- six private consultations of one hour duration
- consultations can be spread out over a time frame that suits you - most people find that a six month programme of support works well
- consultations take place online or over the phone if you prefer
- during the first consultation we can discuss your home educating needs, where you currently are and where you would like to aim for. Support starts straight away as we look into any challenges you currently face, explore potential solutions and discuss any other aspect of home education that is on your mind
- subsequent consultations are tailored to your individual circumstances and what you would like to achieve
- after each consultation a follow-up email will be sent to you with any information, resource links or sign-posting requested
- you will have access to unlimited, additional email support from me during the programme
Throughout our time working together, I am available as your personal guide through your home education journey. The consultations and emails provide you with ongoing support with your home education, addressing any questions or concerns as they arise and as your child's learning needs change and develop.
You will realise just how empowering your decision to home educate can be for the whole family.
I'm really looking forward to working with you.
Looking for a one-off private consultation...